How Dental Bonding Can Alter the Look and Feel of Your Teeth
Have you been facing oral problems and looking for a permanent, quick solution? Or do you want to have a perfect smile on your face? If the answer to either of the questions is yes, then dental bonding could be the solution to your problems of chipped, broken or stained teeth.
Now the question arises- what is dental bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic method in which a teeth color material is used to provide the correct shape, strength and polish clean to the teeth. It provides you with the same smile which you dreamt off for so long. It handles situations like small teeth gaps, broken or cracked teeth, and color of teeth or shape of teeth that needs to be maintained. This is a cost-effective method for your teeth.
What does dental bonding involve?
The process is very simple. First of all, cleaning of teeth takes place, then phosphoric acid is applied to stabilize the material. After a composite material of tooth (same in color) is applied and the teeth are given the ideal shape. At the end, they apply a specific light to harden the material.
Pros and Cons of Dental Bonding
Advantages of Dental Bonding are
- Cost: It would not cost much as compared to the other methods. Even many insurance policies cover this treatment, so check it up with the insurance company.
- Time: One or two visits are sufficient to get a perfect smile
- Ease: It is not a very complex procedure. The dentist would not even use local anesthesia for it.
Disadvantages of Dental Bonding are
- Bonding material can be stained: It would be better if you avoid things like coffee, tea, wine, cigarettes and so on, at least for the next 48 hours, and even after that you should take it in very less quantities for a long period of time
- Less Durable: Another problem is durability, because bonding material is not that strong. It is advisable that you avoid chewing hard objects and take care of your teeth.
When is Dental Bonding a Good Choice?
Most of the times, dentists prefer it for the small dental issues such as cracked, discolor, small gaps and so on. Talk with the dentist or contact Spring Creek Forest Dental for understanding this in detail.
Maintenance of Dental Bonding
It is very important to take care of dental bonding. For that, you need to consider following things
- Reduce the quantity of coffee, tea and wine that you consume
- Stop smoking cigarettes and consuming hard drinks
- Stop biting hard objects like nails, ice, pencil and so on